In case you need high-quality essay, we are here to help you. Would you like us to handle your paper? Use our writing services for better grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
a specialty bakery, is the company that will be considered for all
parts of your budget planning and control report. For this assignment,
you will develop a three to four (3 – 4) page paper in which you
address the following.
- Briefly discuss the ways a realistic budget will benefit the owner of Babycakes versus having no budget at all. Be sure to use Babycakes as the company and any specific product details in your explanation.
- Prepare a sales budget for the LA Babycakes store for the 4th quarter of 2016. Present
the number of units, sales price, and total sales for each month;
include October, November, and December, and a total for the quarter.
Use one-half of the Valentine’s Day sales as the basis for a usual day
in the new quarter. Use 30 days for each month. Calculate the total
sales for each month for October, November, and December.
three (3) new products, one (1) for each of the three (3) holiday
seasons in the 4th quarter. Estimate the sales units, sales price, and
total sales for each month. Describe the assumptions used to make these
estimates. Include an overview of the budget in the report, presenting
the actual budget as an appendix with all data and calculations. Add
these amounts to your sales budget.
- The owner of Babycakes
is interested in preparing a flexible budget rather than the static
budget she currently uses. She does not understand why, when sales
increase, her static budget often shows an unfavorable variance.
Explain how a flexible budget will overcome this problem. Use the
details of your newly prepared budget for the 4th quarter of 2016 to
address her concern.
- Imagine that Babycakes is facing a
financial challenge that is causing the actual amount of money that it
spends to become significantly more than its budgeted amount. Include a
discussion of your own unique cause of the overspending. Explain the
corrective actions needed to address these challenges.
- Integrate relevant information from at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements.
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of
the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course
title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not
included in the required page length.
- An abstract is not required.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
management control systems and examine their relationship with
accounting and planning, including feedback and non-ﬁnancial
- Evaluate decision-making tools for capital investments, budgeting, and budgeting controls.
- Analyze financial accounting tools and techniques that convert financial accounting data into information for decision making.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in financial accounting for managers.
- Write clearly and concisely about financial accounting using proper writing mechanics.
Before approaching this assignment, be sure that you have watched the following video.
- Budgetary Planning featuring Babycakes *FULL VIDEO*. (2016). YouTube on Google