The role of government in the economy is often debated by economists and business people. The debate ranges from having little to no government intervention to having a strong government presence in both business and social settings.
Thinking through the pros and cons of government intervention, research and identify two government agencies, departments, or regulations where the government is heavily involved in the economy that you agree is helpful and necessary. Then, research and identify two government agencies, departments, or regulations where the government is involved in the economy that you disagree with and believe the free market would be better. Be specific in your selected government agencies, departments, or regulations. It may be possible to use the same government agency, department, or regulation for both sides. For example, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) may have regulations or interventions that you both agree and disagree with. Since EPA is used here as an example, do not use it in your assignment.
For each selected example (four total),
- Assess the government intervention providing both the pros and cons.
- Discuss whether you agree with the government intervention providing facts and support for your opinion.
- Thoroughly explain and support your rationale.
- Critique the influence of the political process (for example, lobbying) on each of your examples.
The Role of Government and the Impact of Politics paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style