Address the following in 900–1,200 words:
- Identify and describe 8–10 different types of specific demonstrative evidence.
- What can demonstrative evidence be used to show? Explain.
- Define authentication (Rule 901, Federal Rules of Evidence).
- What types of evidence must be authenticated? Explain why.
- How is authentication related to relevance? Explain.
- Thoroughly explain the process of authenticating both real evidence and demonstrative evidence.
- How are the processes similar? How are they different? Explain.
- Specifically, how can the following be authenticated? Explain in detail:
- Pictorial evidence (photographs, X-rays, videos, and automatic devices)
- Computer printouts
- Maps, models, diagrams, charts, and summaries
- What are the different stages in the evidence chain of custody?
- Why is the chain of custody so important to successful prosecutions? Explain in detail.
- Use at least 3 scholarly resources to fully support your responses.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.