Infographics represent information in a visual manner and can include text, numbers, images, or a mix of the three. Using an infographic is a great way to convey large amounts of information in a unique and effective manner. This is a tool that can be used throughout your student or professional career. You will create an infographic focused on one of the following topics:
- A specific aspect of populations or urbanization
- The environment using a sociological lens
- Aging using a sociological lens
- Explain the key phenomena that significantly influence the various characteristics of population: size, composition, birth rate, and so forth.
- Provide detailed examples of urbanization and its impact on populations.
- Describe the contributions of the sociological theorists highlighted in the chapter to the study of urbanization.
- State ways in which sociology offers unique understandings of the state of our environment
- The goal of your infographic is to summarize and convey the key points about your selected topic. Focus on the importance and impact of your topic and possible future trends.
- Use a free online infographic creation tool to generate your image. You can select one of the tools listed here: 10 Free Tools for Creating Infographics. (Links to an external site.)
- Your audience for this assignment is a group of sociology students in a 100-level college course.
- You must include three scholarly citations in your infographic to support your assertions. Two sources must be peer-reviewed journal articles less than five years old, and the third source can be an Internet site.