In case you need high-quality essay, we are here to help you. Would you like us to handle your paper? Use our writing services for better grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Page should consist of 7-10 pages and use MLA FORMAT
Case Study Topic: Depression: The high rates of depression among American adults
Use the above topic on ; Depression: The high rates of depression among American adults to write a case study
- opening paragraph—introduction to the situation
- background organizational information—history, mission, values, competition, financial information, and additional information of significant value
- area of interest—strategic planning, leadership, marketing, finance, health care operations, human resources
- definition of the challenge/concern—specific problem or decision(s) to be made; this is your problem statement
- alternative situations/solutions—list of options for meeting the challenge or concern
- conclusion—summary of the situation, any constraints or limitations, and the urgency of the situation, with the best alternative presented and defended
Defining the Challenge/Concern
The problem statement should be a clear and concise statement of exactly what issue or concern needs to be addressed. This is challenging to write!
To pinpoint the challenge to be addressed, ask yourself the following questions:
- What appears to be the issue/problem?
- How do I know that this is a problem? Note that, in answering this question, you will differentiate the indicators of the problem from the problem itself.
- What needs to be addressed immediately? Answering this will help you to differentiate between problems that can be resolved within the context of the case and larger issues that need to be addressed at a later time.
- What is important and what is urgent? Some problems appear to be urgent, but upon closer examination, are revealed to be relatively unimportant, while others may be far more important than they are pressing.
The problem statement can be framed as a question (e.g., what should Sue do? or How can Mr. Smith improve? It typically has to be rewritten several times during the analysis of a case, as you peel back the layers of symptoms or causation.
Coming Up With Alternative Situations/Solutions
You’ll want to answer the following questions to come up with viable alternatives:
Why or how did the challenge/concern arise? You are trying to determine cause and effect for the problems identified. You cannot solve a problem of which you cannot determine the cause! It may be helpful to think of the organization in question as consisting of the following components:
This paper should be about 7 – 10 pages of text.