In case you need high-quality essay, we are here to help you. Would you like us to handle your paper? Use our writing services for better grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
We have been looking at successful ad campaigns using social media. Let’s apply this directly and see how this compares with older methods of advertising.
Choose a recent social media campaign, possibly one you interacted with. Below are some possible examples:
- ALS #IceBucketChallenge
- Always #LikeAGirl
- Coca-Cola #ShareaCoke
- IKEA bookbook video
- McDonald’s Super Bowl 2015
- Taco Bell #OnlyInTheApp
- Virgin America Boo videos
Then consider an older commercial, before social media was (as big) an influence. You can look at famous ads on Youtube.
In a minimum of 3 pages, please do the following:
- Provide an introduction with a summary of the ads you have chosen, and an explanation of what the stated intent behind the ad is.
- From there, look at what the ad actually says (like a beer ad might actually be demonstrating that women are sex objects).
- Describe how social media plays into the intent and the actual message. What’s different between the two you chose?
- What made the ads successful (or not successful)?
- What ideas and opinions do you have about the product or brand after reviewing the ads?
- What can we learn about how businesses use Twitter, Facebook, Linked In, etc. to communicate, network, broaden their customer base, and promote their products/services?
- Summarize your analysis.
|Not Submitted||No Pass||Competence||Proficiency||Mastery|
|Not Submitted||Failed to provide a general introduction||Gave a bit of introduction, but you need to provide more details or make other corrections as described by the feedback you are receiving.||Gave a good, basic introduction.||Gave a strong, in-depth introduction.|
|Not Submitted||Failed to discuss the ad’s main message.||No real discussion of the ad’s main message||Basic analysis of the ad’s main message||Good analysis of the ad’s main message.|
|Not Submitted||Failed to mention to impact of social media.||No real discussion of the impact of social media.||Basic analysis of the impact of social media.||Good analysis of impact of social media.|
|Not Submitted||Failed to discuss the success of the ad.||Minimal discussion of success, but needs more.||Some discussion of success.||Thorough discussion of success.|
|Not Submitted||Failed to discuss your opinion of the ad after viewing.||Minimal discussion of your opinion of the ad after viewing.||Some discussion of your opinion of the ad after viewing.||Thorough discussion of your opinion of the ad after viewing.|
|Not Submitted||Failed to discuss the business use of social media.||Minimal discussion of the business use of social media.||Some discussion of the business use of social media.||Thorough discussion of the business use of social media.|
|Not Submitted||Failed to give a conclusion||Gave a bit of conclusion, but you need to provide more details or make other corrections as described by the feedback you are receiving.||Gave a basic conclusion||Gave a thorough, insightful conclusion.|