Analysis and Recommendations
Your executive team has asked you to prepare a report summarizing your analysis of the first release of the XYZ Business Workflow software and recommendations for how you think Release Two of the project should be planned.
Think about the project charter, the initial project plan you created in Project One, and the challenges the project team has faced so far. What steps did you take to manage these challenges? In retrospect, can you think of some other strategies you could have used during project planning and/or risk mitigation for better results? Specifically, your report should include the following:
- Reflect on the project so far and provide your analysis of what went well and what could have been better.
- Outline what you think were the successes and failures of the project.
- Identify major challenges your team faced in completing this project and describe how you handled them.
- List some alternate strategies you could have used during project planning and/or during risk mitigation for better results.
- Based on your experience with Release One, provide some recommendations for managing the second release of the XYZ Business Workflow software, including the methodology, change management, and quality control strategies.
Use information from the scenario, Project One and Project Two, and make reasonable assumptions as you complete these tasks. Be sure to explain your assumptions.
What to Submit
To complete this project, you must submit the following:
Project Analysis Recommendations
Write a short paper with your analysis of the first phase of the software development project and your recommendations for the second phase. Your paper should be 750 to 1,250 words in length; cite any references using the APA format.
Projects one and two are attached.