Choose a specific child or adolescent population to focus on for this paper.
Research your chosen population by using at least five academic articles published within the last 5 years.
– Imagine you are working in a mental health clinic and are about to provide trauma-based services to a new child/adolescent client (your chosen specific child or adolescent population) and their family
– Before you begin work with the child/adolescent client and family, you conduct in-depth research on relevant cultural and diversity factors; the biological, psychological, cognitive, and social effects of trauma; and evidenced-based assessment techniques and treatment strategies for promoting resilience and wellness across the lifespan for your specific client population.
Write a 1,750- to 2,450-word paper examining the impact of trauma on children and adolescents, with specific attention to a population of your choice.
Consider the biological, psychological, cognitive, and social impact of childhood trauma on children and adolescents in your response.
Include the following in your paper, in addition to the definition and explanation of childhood trauma:
- Describe the cultural and diversity factors that may be important when addressing trauma issues in your chosen child or adolescent population.
- Discuss the potential biological, psychological, cognitive, and social impacts of trauma for your chosen child or adolescent population.
- Discuss the societal and familial dynamics that may contribute to childhood trauma.
- Examine assessment techniques for victims of childhood trauma that may be valid and reliable for individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Compare various evidence-based individual and family therapeutic strategies and interventions for your chosen child or adolescent population.
- Discuss ethical and culturally-relevant strategies for promoting resilience and wellness across the lifespan for your chosen population.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.