In case you need high-quality essay, we are here to help you. Would you like us to handle your paper? Use our writing services for better grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
As the Human Resource Consultant, the CEO is looking to you to creatively solve a complicated problem with employment and labor law by determining the best method(s) based on the current situation and being legally compliant. After all, there are so many laws to consider. You are tasked with answering the following questions about being compliant:
- As a small business, they are required to offer FMLA? In the past employees have requested FMLA but were denied, citing that the business was a small business. What’s the impact?
- In the warehouse, employees do not wear the company-issued back belts and safety glasses, which has been allowed based on the fact that it is the employees that have been refusing to wear the items. Are they legally allowed to refuse?
- Is the company legally required to offer health insurance (and how much), can employees work more than 60 hours per week (paid), and does the company have to offer accommodations for employees with disabilities?
For this project assignment, you will need to conduct research. Conduct academic research using the library’s databases, like: Discovery, ASP: Human Resource Management Online, Business Source, Complete via EBSCO, Business via ProQuest. In the databases use basic search languages (controlled vocabulary/keywords) to determine employment and labor laws specific to this situation. Then, refine your searches based on your search results. Make sure to include a minimum of 4 credible, academic sources in your paper. Also, conduct your research using credible websites; for example, you will likely want to use the OSHA website and government websites related to FMLA (government websites will end in .gov).
Using your research, address the following points in your paper.
- Was the company legally compliant with FMLA? Explain and support with law. How can leadership make decisions that are objective and reflect the ethical treatment of others? Demonstrate how leadership can comply with laws and rules governing FMLA to employees in an ethical and professional manner.
- Explain who’s at risk for legal compliance when workplace safety is not mandated or monitored? What are the ethical and professional implications?
- Evaluate the impact of laws on the core beliefs or personal ethics from a perspective of the employees. What is the potential impact of ethical issues on the stakeholders of the company?
Your paper should be a minimum of 3 pages in length. Include an APA formatted title page and reference page.