Research Paper Instructions
This paper will require you to apply organizational theories, concepts, and perspectives from the module readings to your approved organization from Module/Week 1.
Define your approved organization as you wish in terms of the whole or of the part that is most relevant. In 1-2 pages, provide a description of two to three problems identified. Your description need not be elaborate, but should provide enough information to enable someone unfamiliar with the organizational issues to understand the essentials. This portion should be just the facts, a description, not an analysis of the key events. If using a personal workplace, feel free to disguise names of people and the organization if you desire.
After you have set the foundation, apply theories learned from the course to analyze your chosen organization and its identified problems. Utilizing the three perspectives, ensure clarity is evident on areas of which system, organizational environment, and changes as part of your analysis.
Lastly, provide a personal perspective that discusses what you would implement to address the problems to move the organization forward as part of the evolving changes for organizations today.
Organizing Your Paper
The following is required for your completed research paper:
- The paper must be written using current APA format and must include a title page, an abstract, and a reference list. These are not included in the word count.
- The paper must have a minimum of 2,500 words and a maximum of 3,000 words.
- The paper must be submitted as a Word document (.doc), it will be checked in SafeAssign upon submission.
- First person narrative is not permitted.
- Do not use bullets or listing anywhere in the paper.
- The reference page must include a minimum of the following references in current APA format (all sources must be evident within the paper):
- Course textbook
- Scripture and Merida text
- 7 peer-reviewed scholarly sources
- Merida: Entire Textbook
- Scott: pp. 310-367
Merida, T. (2015). Christ-centered exposition: Exalting Jesus in 1 & 2 Kings. Nashville, TN: B&H Publishing Group. ISBN: 9780805496703.
Scott, W. R. (2015). Organizations and Organizing: Rational, Natural, and Open Systems Perspectives. London, England: Routledge. ISBN: 9780131958937