In case you need high-quality essay, we are here to help you. Would you like us to handle your paper? Use our writing services for better grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Part 1. Determine the Contract Type
You are a Contracting Specialist for the US Air Force. The program office that you are supporting has a requirement for highly specialized support for the operations and defense (i.e., cybersecurity) of the entire “Enterprise Network” (all USAF owned networked computers and servers, including email). The selected Contractor must provide 24x7x365 monitoring and operations services through an array of strategic tasks to ensure the availability and security of the network and remain responsive to the demands of the warfighters. This support will enable the USAF to maintain a tightly integrated, agile, defensible, survivable network capable of supporting highly distributed operations as well as an efficient and effective business enterprise.
- Explain what contract type (FAR Part 16) would you select for this procurement and why?
- Discuss why other contract types were not selected.
Required Formatting of the Paper:
- This paper should be double spaced, 12-point font, and two to three pages in length excluding the title page and reference page.
- Title page with your name, the course name, title of paper, the date, and instructor’s name.
- Include reference page.
- Use APA formatting for in-text citations and reference page. Students need to paraphrase and avoid direct quotes.
Part 2: Determining Flowdowns
You are now a Subcontract Administrator for the Contractor that was awarded the USAF Enterprise Network contract as a result of the solicitation in Part 1 above (disregard any “revolving door” or Procurement Integrity Act implications).
Your company is a large business and has the qualifications to do almost all of the work, but must subcontract out for a small subset of specialized support. Therefore, you are tasked to prepare a draft Subcontract Agreement that must include any necessary flowdowns from the USAF prime contract. Your company has decided that a Firm Fixed Price (FFP) subcontract is appropriate for this subcontract, regardless of the prime contract type. The relevant parts of the prime contract are attached.
- Use this form to complete the flow downs: Form to Complete Flowdowns
- Using the “track changes” feature of Word/Wordperfect (preferred) or handwritten redlines (scanned for submission) identify which, if any, provisions you would not flow down (e.g., delete) and,
- If applicable, identify and discuss how some of those provisions that you would flow down need to be modified.
- Use the “Comments” function [Review>>Comments] to provide rationale for why or why not. You may also write a separate summary of your changes.
Part 37 Service Contracting, Volume 1, page 37.1