||Write: For this discussion you will address the following prompts:
- Identify two global societal issues from the following list that you would consider researching further for your Week Five Final Argumentative Essay: common core education; cutting liberal arts funding in support of STEM education; minimum wage; oceans desertification; overcoming the digital divide; refugee (escaping persecution, war, or death) crises; species extinctions (modern); standardized testing in schools; tax havens; TransAtlantic Trade investment partnership (TTIP); universal statement of human rights (pick one); airport security; or wealth disparity. Keep in mind that you will choose just one of these topics, which will be the same topic addressed in the Week Three Annotated Bibliography assignment, Week Four Rough Draft Submission, and the Final Argumentative Essay.
- Describe effective methods you used in identifying and narrowing down to just one of the two topics to further research for your final essay.
- Explain three ways you can critically analyze sources to determine if they are scholarly and credible.
- For one of the topics chosen, summarize information from at least two peer-reviewed journal articles from the Ashford University Library that will support your claims.
- Explain why scholarly sources should be used to support your writing on the selected topic.
- Download and attach PDF copies of the two articles that you found from the Ashford University Library to your answer using the “Attachments: Add/Remove” function located below your response. Please view this Attaching Documents to Discussions tutorial for more guidance on how to attach your article to your discussion post. You can also view this Citing and Saving Articles in FindIt@AU tutorial if you are unsure how to save articles found from the Ashford University Library