Please choose two theorists from the list below. You may select different theorists or keep the same theorists for the subsequent perspective assignments.
- Freud’s psychosexual stage theory
- Erikson’s psychosocial stage theory
- Kohlberg’s moral understanding stage theory
- Piaget’s cognitive development stage theory
- Bronfenbrenner’s ecological systems theory
Research your selected theorists. The embedded text in this course will help, and you may also use resources from the approved list of websites given to you in your syllabus:
Use the attached template to write your paper. Follow the format given in the template EXACTLY!
- Title Page
- Introduction to your lifespan span (birth through childhood)
- Overview of your two theorists and their theories
- Body Paragraph One:
- Identify the parts of each theory that are relevant to this lifespan stage.
- Body Paragraph Two:
- Discuss the similarities of the theorists and their theoretical stages in relation to this particular lifespan timespan.
- Give specific examples of each of the similar stages. (How would an infant/toddler/early childhood child demonstrate that he/she was in X stage for X theorist, which parallels X stage for X theorist?)
- Body Paragraph Three:
- Contrast the theoretical stages in relation to this particular lifespan stage. Where are there differences between what your two theorists believe?
- Give specific examples of each of the stages where the theorists differ. (How would an infant/toddler/early childhood child demonstrate that he/she was in X stage for X theorist, but according to theorist #2, a child would behave like this in this stage?)
- Summarize the key points from your essay. Why would knowing these stages be important?
Your final product should be a 2-3 page paper, not including your title page or reference page.
*You will be submitting this paper to SafeAssign. If your originality report returns above 15% I will automatically evaluate your sources. Please make sure you are correctly embedding and documenting with in-text citations your sources.