Option #1: Strategy Approaches – Existing Company
Understanding a lot about a company before pursuing a career with that company or looking to advance within that company is very important. Research is required for this.
Choose a company with which you are familiar. It can be the company you work for, that someone you know works for, or a company with which you have done business.
In a three- to four-page paper, address the following:
- Analyze the company’s strategic approach and why it works for them
- Low Cost?
- Broad Differentiation?
- Focused Low Cost?
- Focused Differentiation?
- Best Cost Provider?
- Determine what level of manager made the decisions about their strategic approach
- Explain how they differentiate themselves from their competition
- Describe their competitive advantage and whether or not it is sustainable
- Explain how their mission and vison statement support their strategic approach.
The length and formatting requirements include:
- Three to four pages in length, not including cover and reference pages. Include a cover page, section headers, an introduction, a conclusion, and a reference page.
- Formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.).
- Cite a minimum of three sources, two of which should be academic peer-reviewed scholarly sources to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to your textbook. The CSU-Global library is a great place to find these resources.
Throughout this course, be sure to use the Business Management & Administration Research Guide in the CSU-Global Library: https://csuglobal.libguides.com/c.php?g=791313 (Links to an external site.). Here you can:
- Locate a variety of sources dealing with ethics, CSR, and business management.
- Gather information specific to different aspects of business ethics.
- Access writing and citing help.
Your paper should be three to four pages in length and conform to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.). Include at least three scholarly references in addition to the course textbook. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these references.