In case you need high-quality essay, we are here to help you. Would you like us to handle your paper? Use our writing services for better grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
To prepare for this discussion, please read Chapters 2 and 3 of your textbook. In addition, watch Perspective: Brain Games (Season 6) and the Charlie Chaplin Optic Illusion and read “Culture and Point of View”. Additionally, review the weekly Instructor Guidance and any relevant Announcements. In this discussion, you will consider the important role the brain plays in perceiving sensory information by describing perception, examining individual experience, recognizing cultural differences, and applying this content to your own life experiences.
The brain is a marvelous tool that helps us interpret the many experiences we encounter on a daily basis. Yet, our perception may be vastly different than the reality of the sensory cues we receive.
- Watch Perspective: Brain Games (Season 6), which explores the way in which the brain actively constructs reality. In addition, view the Charlie Chaplin Optic Illusion.
- Read “Culture and Point of View”.
- Discuss perception. In your discussion, include the following:
- Distinguish between “sensation” and “perception”. Identify some of the major structures in the brain that are responsible for these processes.
- Identify some of the important cues the brain uses to make sense of the world.
- Examine why the brain sometimes perceives things differently than they actually are. Point out an example other than those given in the required sources for the week.
- Indicate possible cultural explanations for differences in perceptual experience based on your resources and your experiences (see “Culture and Point of View”).
- Remember to use your own academic voice and apply in-text citations appropriately throughout your post
Post your initial response of 250 words or more