The organization you work for as a director of leadership and learning is looking to create an adaptive leadership toolkit to help improve employee leadership skills and behaviors over the next two years. To begin this work, you conducted a personal leadership self-assessment to take a leadership inventory of yourself. Now that you know areas that you can improve upon as a leader, you decided to create a personal development plan that will identify actionable steps toward improving these areas you’ve identified. Your intensions are to incorporate your personal development plan into the adaptive leadership toolkit to serve as an exemplar that can be used by all people leaders in the organization.
- Leadership behavior: Based on the results of your personal leadership self-assessment (assessment attached and see attachment for leadership behavior descriptions), describe the leadership behavior you scored lowest in and explain how developing this could have a positive impact on your ability to lead.
SMART Goal: Apply SMART goal setting to create a personal development plan that aligns with the leadership behavior you’re looking to improve. Keep in mind that your personal development plan will be used as an exemplar for the adaptive leadership toolkit in Milestone Two. Your SMART goal should address the following:
- “S” Specific: Your goal must be specific.i) State your personal development goal.ii) Describe the reason for this goal.iii) Describe the objective(s) needed to ensure this goal it met.
- “M” Measurable: Your goal must be measurable.i) Describe the metric(s) that will be used to determine if you meet this goal.ii) Describe the metric(s) that will be used to measure performance of meeting objective(s) along the way.
- “A” Achievable: Your goal must be achievable.i) Describe the tools and skills you will need to achieve this goal.ii) Describe who needs to be involved to allow you to be successful in achieving this goal.
- “R” Relevant: Your goal must be relevant.i) Explain how this goal can be linked to an overall business objective.ii) Explain how this goal will increase your knowledge and improve your overall performance as a leader.
- “T” Time-Bound: Your goal must be time bound.i) Provide an overall timeline for the completion of this goal.ii) Provide tangible deliverable(s) with due dates that support the objective(s) you indicated above.
Guidelines for Submission
Submit a 2- to 3-page Word document using 12-point Times New Roman font, double spacing, and one-inch margins. Sources should be cited according to APA style.
Scenario The organization you work for as a director of leadership and learning is looking to create an adaptive leadership toolkit to help improve employee leadership skills and behaviors over the ne
LPI®: Leadership Practices Inventory® SELF-ASSESSMENT SCORING SHEET Instructions Transfer your ratings from the statements on the LPI®: Leadership Practices Inventory® questionnaire to the lines below. Please notice that the numbers of the statements are listed from left to right. Make certain that the number you assigned to each statement is transferred to the appropriate blank. Add up each column and fill in the totals. MODEL THE WAY INSPIRE A SHARED VISION CHALLENGE THE PROCESS ENABLE OTHERS TO ACT ENCOURAGE THE HEART 1.__9____ 2._____7_ 3.__9____ 4.__9____ 5.___8___ 6.__6____ 7.___6___ 8.___7___ 9.__9____ 10.___9__ 11.___10__ 12.__6___ 13.__7___ 14.__10___ 15.____7_ 16.___5__ 17.__5___ 18.__8___ 19._6____ 20.__7___ 21.___5__ 22.__8___ 23.__8___ 24.__7___ 25.__8___ 26.__8___ 27.__7___ 28.___9__ 29.__6___ 30.__9___ ___43____ TOTAL _39_____ TOTAL __48______ TOTAL ______47__ TOTAL ____48_______ TOTAL Leadership Practices Inventory 5.0 Copyright © 2021 by James M. Kouzes & Barry Z. Posner. Reproduced by permission of The Leadership Challenge® A Wiley Brand www.leadershipchallenge.com