Please write a MLA formart Literary Analysis Essay. The paper must be between 3-4 pages in length. The paper must focus on MORAL CRITICISM
When writing moral criticism consider:
- Maturity, sincerity, honesty, sensitivity, and/or courage become important criteria in determining the worth of literature and art. Is the author and his/her treatment of subject (both character and theme) mature, sincere, honest, sensitive, or courageous? How so, and how does knowing this help us approach the text in a meaningful way?
- Does the text seek to corrupt or negatively influence the reader? How so and/or why?
- What moral lesson or ethical teaching is the author presenting in the text/or through character, plot, or theme?
- How do characters, settings, and plot events represent or allegorize moral or ethical principles?
- Does the work in question pose a pragmatic or moral lesson or philosophical idea?
When writting a literary analysis please consider:
- What important idea or theme does this literary work convey in terms of literary theory?
- What do characters do that helps illustrate this idea?
- What do characters say that helps to illustrate this idea?
- What events take place in the work that helps to illustrate this idea?
- How does setting reflect the analysis?
- What does the narrator say that helps to illustrate this idea?
- What do outside sources say about the text? (You must use at least 2-3 outside sources)
- What literary theory would apply best to the text and why? Prove with evidence.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE!!!
**** The literary analysis essay is based on Nathaniel Hawthrone’s work, BUT PLEASE ADD TWO-THREE OUTSIDE SOURCES THAT BACKUP WHAT YOU ARE CLAIMING IN THE ESSAY****(please choose for me which ever source that seem well enough to support the main idea of the essay)
(Again, “Rapaccini‘s Daughter” is the main source, please choose 2-3 outside sources form your own you think will support the main idea of the essay)