Step 1 – Choose an Artist
First, you need to choose an artist (painter, sculptor, photographer, etc.) whose work is interesting and inspiring to you. Do not copy his/her work but use it as a starting point for your project. For example, if you choose Boticelli’s The Birth of Venus, you may use the same mythological theme in a different medium such as sculpture, mosaic, or song.
Step 2 – Research
- Research the time period of your artist.
- Research the artist’s biography.
- Research the artist’s techniques, ideas, and inspirations.
The more information you know about the artist, the better you will understand the work that inspired you to create your project. Select 1 work by this artist that you particularly admire. You will be required to submit an image of this artwork at the end of the semester along with the project itself.
Step 3 – Proposal
- Decide on a medium (pain, clay, etc.).
- Type your project proposal (about 400 words) including the following information.
- Artwork you have chosen
- The medium
- How you will show “the spirit” of the artist and the chosen artwork.
- What social angle applies to the work
EXAMPLE: it is attached below