Short Answer – You will answer following questions in four to five sentences. Be sure to cite specific examples from the texts we have read so far this semester.
- How is modernism portrayed in “Roman Fever”?
- Was Mrs. Right in “Trifles” justified in killing her husband?
- How are “The Yellow Wallpaper” and “Trifles” similar?
- In “Song of Myself”, what is the relationship between the Walt Whitman who narrates the poem and the Walt Whitman who wrote the poem? Can we assume that the two are the same person?
- How is the “The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County“ an example of Local Color?
- What is the significance of “The Yellow Wallpaper”?
- How is symbolism used in “Trifles”?
- What is the significance of comparing small objects and large objects in “Song of Myself”?
- How was irony shown in “The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County”?
- Why might the women have covered up what Mrs. Right did in “Trifles”?
Essay Question – You will respond to the following question in at least three paragraphs. Be sure to cite specific examples from the text. Content and grammar will be evaluated.
- Explain how “The Yellow Wallpaper” is an example of a Realism text.