Educators need to remain current regarding assistive technology trends and types of AAC (Alternative and Augmentative Communication) that are being used in classrooms. It can be helpful to have a database that is easy to update as new technology emerges. Such a database can be shared with colleagues and families.
Using information from the topic materials and your own independent research, locate current and emerging assistive technology devices for speech and language disorders. Create a database of current information about technology devices that you can readily reference in your future professional practice.
Your resources should be published within the last five years and include at least three entries each for the following resource categories:
- Journals and publications
- Professional organizations
- Conferences, seminars and workshops
- Training opportunities
- Continuing education courses
Your database should include 25-50 word descriptions per resource, with appropriate citations.
1. You are creating a guide for AACs. This guide will be for your use so design it in a way that is easy for you to access.
2. Use resources that are no more than 5 years old (2013-2018)
3. There should be three entries from Journals, three from professional organizations, etc. to support your entries. You do not have to use all sources for one entry. The sources can be spread out over the database to support different areas, but there must be 3 entries. For example, if you are using the LAMP AAC approach, you should support your 25-50 word description of this one approach with three of the resource types listed above.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines.
Must be free of plagiarism.