1. APA format, Must follow instruction page.
Instructor Instruction Video
Qualitative Data Analysis Assignment
As you have found through the reading, study, and assignments in this course, there are several designs within qualitative research. Selecting the appropriate design for the research topic is important. To correctly execute qualitative research, after a design is selected and data is collected, calculative and intentional data analysis is the next step. Finally, the qualitative researcher must present the data in a way that adequately conveys the findings and compares findings to published literature. This assignment will give you some experience with analyzing qualitative data on a small scale.
After reviewing the Reading & Study material for the module, address the following in a paper in current APA format:
Introduction (1–2 pages)
Statement of the problem
- This section should include a clearly articulated problem statement and should be directly linked to/aligned with the research question(s)
- Why did the study need to be done?
Purpose of the study and how study will be delimited
- What was the intent of the study?
- What delimiters were put in place to manage the size and scope? Who/what will be excluded and why?
The research question(s)
- What was the study seeking to answer?
- The research question should be able to be answered via the type of data collected
- Qualitative research questions begin with “What,” “How,” or “Why”
- Hint: The research question is different from the interview questions. Do not provide the interview questions here.
Procedures (1–2 pages)
Qualitative research strategy
- What design is most appropriate for the problem statement/research question?
- What was the researcher (you) responsible for (what you did to collect data and analyze it in this course)?
- How does personal bias impact the study?
Role of the researcher
Data collection procedures
- What steps did you take to collecting and analyzing data (think recipe card)
- Hint: Refer to Discussion Board on Validity and Reliability
- What ethical issues may arise specific to the topic and research approach?
- Include a paragraph in this section with your prescribed approach to these issues supported by scripture
Strategies for validating findings
Anticipated Ethical Issues (2 paragraphs)
Emergent Theme Analysis and Discussion (5–8 pages)
- What are the emergent themes in the journal entries you selected? Provide a name for each theme, a description of the meaning of each theme, and evidence (i.e. quote excerpts) of each theme.
- What are the emergent themes in the letters to prospective students you selected? Provide a name for each theme, a description of the meaning of each theme, and evidence (i.e. quote excerpts) of each theme.
- What are the emergent themes in the interviews you conducted? Provide a name for each theme, a description of the meaning of each theme, and evidence (i.e. quote excerpts) of each theme.
- What themes are common across the journal entries, letters, and interviews? Remember, the themes should answer the research question.
- How do these themes compare or contrast with the sources you analyzed for the literature review?
- What are the implications of these themes for practitioners and researchers?
Dear Doctoral Student:
First, the administration seeks to congratulate you on your admission to the Doctor of business administration (D.B.A) program. We are pleased to acquit you with the necessary knowledge you will need to delve into your future and attain success. We are proud to inform you as well that the congratulatory message comes not only from me but from the other members of the faculty. We are all proud that you chose to partake in this stage in life for which we wish you the best of success. Your decision in undertaking the D.B.A program is exiting and one that grants any individual undertaking the course many career options. This is a course that professionals and educators consider while looking to advance their skills and education. To undertake in the course faith learning and integration is a vital aspect in your search for honesty, morality, and reason. These three components will aid you immensely in your next step in life both at the institution level and in your personal and social life. More so, you will be able attain social as well as spiritual development from the faith learning and integration. Motivation in this regard as well as perseverance will be necessary to succeed in the doctoral business program. It is important to avoid burning the midnight oil to extremes in such a manner that you are tired and can barely concentrate even on trivial matters therein. For this reason I will advise you on integrating a schedule to help with management of your time. Engaging in social activities and making sure you are well rested after the day’s activities will ascertain that you are always well prepared.
In case the intensity of the program becomes overwhelming in such a manner that it affects concentration in other platforms such as the social and personal life making it harder to manage all the aspects in equal measures. I advocate for adopting some stress management strategies that will help in mental and psychological relaxation allowing for you to engage whatever platform with a clear mental state. Clarity and a relaxed state of the mind will allow you to make informed decisions that do not affect your life in general. A relaxed mind will also ensure that your concentration as well as that of other students is optimized to guarantee success. Some of the stress management techniques you could master include meditation, exercising, journaling and choosing to undertake in hobbies and activities that you love and ones that positively impact the mind. The program is often engaging and exciting and therefore the students under D.B.A do not feel a sense of neglect while completing their studies. However, in spite of this it is profitable to incorporate oneself in a support network that will offer you support in balancing the academic and social life in order to ensure that you achieve the best from the doctoral program. It is prudent that you look into our website https://www.liberty.edu/online/doctoral/business-administration for more detailed information on the program and otherwise as well as the daily encouragement, APA, and any other writing resources that will guide you in your journey. In any case if you have questions and enquiries feel free to contact me directly.
(1) Interviews (attached)
(2) Letter to Doctoral Student (Attached)
(3)Collective Themes and Relationship to Literature Review (Found in Interview)
The Research question to Interview
What is the impact of family support on the doctoral persistence among the International students pursuing doctoral programs?
The persons to interview
The quality of data collected reflects the quality of the results and conclusions. Thus, the ability to select the right people for the interview is critical in obtaining the best results. In some case, individuals and groups have failed in their studies due to the failure to identify the most appropriate sources to interview. In that regard, to accomplish this, I will interview the following three groups; a) current full-time doctoral students from abroad b) former doctoral students from abroad who completed their course c) doctoral students from abroad who have to spend more than the time they were stipulated to have finished their studies but are yet to complete.
From the beginning, the primary focus of this study is to investigate the impact of family support among international students who are undertaking degree programs. In that regard, the first that I would contact is full time international doctoral students. These students perfectly understand the demands that are placed on international students and the manner in which the support from the family contributes to their persistence in pursuit of the doctoral programs.
Recently graduated international doctoral students; these former students have a rich foundation of knowledge regarding the life of international students. The lives of international students are very complicated in America. The individuals have an understanding of the impact of family support to the individuals seeking doctoral programs. The individuals would provide a background on the manner and form of support that they received from their families and the extent to which such an eventuality affects academic progress of the students.
Doctoral students who have overstayed their courses; some students have not finished their doctoral programs although they should have completed. Many reasons contribute to the failure of students to finish their courses in time. From these individuals, it would be exciting to know whether the family support could have contributed to this fact.
Proposed Interview Questions
- Is the support of family essential in doctoral persistence in the court of the pursuit of a doctoral degree?
- Kindly describe the nature of support that an international student receives from families. What is the impact of this support on the lives of international students?
- From experience that you have as an international student, what do you think are some of the challenges that international students face which make the support of families and important aspect in the pursuit of doctoral programs?
- If an international student does not receive any form of support from their families back at home, what are some of the effects that this could have on the doctoral persistence of the students?
- Finally, if the students do not receive support from home, what are some of the strategies that they can put in place to make sure that they do not suffer from the effects of such an eventuality?