AMH 2020—Final Assignment
Part I. Historical Identifications (50 per cent total; each ID will be worth 10): You must choose and answer five of the following ID’s. Remember to list the who, what, when, where, and especially provide the historical significance/importance.
- American Expeditionary Force (World War I)
- Prohibition (18th Amendment)
- Internment camps
- Battle of Midway
- Truman Doctrine
- D Day
- Manhattan Project
- Marshall Plan
- Civil Rights’ Movement (1950s and 1960’s)
Part II. Essay (50 points total; each essay will be worth 25): Please answer two of the following essays (make sure you answer the question fully and provide details and examples from the lectures and text to
support your answers):
- Discuss the origins of World War I. Why did the U.S. declare neutrality in 1914 and explain how the U.S. entered the war?
- Characterize and explain the “New Era” and growth of mass consumer and popular culture in the 1920’s.
- What factors led to the “Great Crash” of 1929 and describe how the Great Depression affected the lives of Americans. Describe and explain both President Hoover’s response to the Great Depression as well as President Roosevelt’s policies?
- Explain which events led to the outbreak of war in 1939 and how and why the U.S. got involved?
- Trace and explain the U.S. post-war policy of Containment between 1945-53.