Please see below the requirements of the research project for my humanities research project! I was thinking a paper on sacrifices practiced in three separate religions (i.e. catholicism – Mass is seen as a sacrifice). However, should you feel there is a better subject to write on I will leave that up to you. Please let me know should you have any questions. Thank you so much in advance!
Research Project (paper or presentation)
- First, select a theme that is important to the nature of being human. Some ideas include earth stewardship, consumerism, classism, racism, home, elder care, child discipline, sports, pets, courtship, sharing meals, evening entertainment, child birthing, funeral practices, religious rituals, music used in rituals, vacations, sacrifice, work ethics, or other topics approved by instructor. Most of these topics listed should be narrowed down.
- Second, show how your theme manifests itself in three different cultures. You may use three historical periods or three contemporary cultures. For example, you might choose child discipline in 15th century Italy, 18th century England, and 20th century South African. Or, you might consider three contemporary cultures such as child discipline in Canada, Egypt, and Mexico.
- Be sure to critically evaluate your researched information for currency, relevancy, and reliability within the context of your paper/presentation. You should have at least 3 credible sources.
- Your paper should be 4-5 pages. If it’s an oral presentation, it should be 7-8 minutes.
- Use MLA, APA, or CSE style for citing sources. Make use of your ENG 111 handbook, this quick style guide, or visit Owl at Purdue if you need help citing sources.
- Follow the specifications and format requirements below.
- Acceptable length: 4-5 pages.
- Incorporate high quality, credible evidence related to the topic.
- Cite sources properly.
- Organize ideas in a systematic way with each section logically connected to the others.
- Employ standard English conventions.
Paper Formatting Requirements:
- Put your name and assignment title clearly at the top of the document.
- Use MLA, APA, or CSE format.
- Use one-inch margins and a readable twelve point font.
- Use double line spacing in the document.
- Include in-text citations and attach a references page.
- Save as a “rich text format” (.rtf) file if you don’t have Microsoft Word®.
Presentation Formatting Requirements: See instructor for details.
PLEASE NOTE: Other format options (e.g. video, multi-media, web-page…) may be acceptable with prior permission of the instructor.
Include your name and the assignment name at the top of the paper. Upload your paper into the file submission box for the assignment.
|Submission status||No attempt|
|Grading status||Not graded|