You are required to submit a written document that answers one of the following discussion topics:
- If the government guaranteed a profit for the networks and placed no constraints on content, how would you expect television programs about crime and justice to change?
- Have you ever been really frightened by crimes shown in an entertainment medium? Did you behave differently or feel differently about the world and strangers for a while afterward?
- Where do you find the portraits of horrific crimes the most frightening–on film, in print, or on radio? Why do you feel different media have different impacts?
- How would you change the news coverage of crime and justice? Could you still turn a profit with these changes?
- Discuss some types of information that could be provided about crime and justice in the news but are not. Why do you think this information is not reported?
The content of the paper should be 6 to 8 double-spaced pages in length of CONTENT. The paper should also contain a title page and reference page. The current edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association should be used as the style guide for the preparation of the paper.
Minimum Format Requirements for Paper:
- Font: Times [New] Roman
- Font Size: 12-Point Type (bold and italic should be used only for special sections/text)
- Margins: 1 inch for left, right, top, and bottom
- Pages: Include page numbers
- Spacing: Double spaced
- Indentation: Indent paragraphs. Do not use double return.