This assignment allows us to view several historical/memorable occurrences in the healthcare field that have/will shape our future landscape. Each assignment has its own set of rules, but the general/basic rules still apply:
- References should be in APA format. A cover page is not required, but here is a link to sample APA paper: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/apa_sample_paper.html (Links to an external site.)
- Originality is key. We regularly cross-check submissions against each other, past semesters, and other courses. Trying to cut corners or copy is just not worth it.
- All work should be submitted in MS Word format.
- Double check/proofread for grammatical issues.
- The submission must be at least 400 words long (but no longer than 700).
- At minimum there should be two (but there can be more) references: the course textbook and one additional source
All students review the healthcare data breaches details found here:
https://healthitsecurity.com/news/the-10-biggest-h… (Links to an external site.)
Choose any breach numbered 1-5 on the list.
The submission should include these components:
- This should summarize key details of the events that occurred. Yes, students must include information beyond what is provided in the above link and note “Wikipedia” is not a reliable source (but is a good starting point to gather general information). The grader will be looking for additional references beyond the course textbook and the provided link.
- Using the course textbook, discuss one major concept that you feel the selected organization did not “master” which eventually lead to the breach. Be sure to substantiate your response with additional external sources (if necessary)
- View Case Analysis Rubric that will be attached to this assignment.