Your first post to answer these questions is due by Thursday (2/6 before midnight). Please respond to at least 2 of your classmate’s posts no later than Sunday (2/9 before midnight):
- Based on the information you found on choosemyplate.gov, the video about Choose My Plate, the quizzes, and the information in the textbook, explain why getting a variety and moderation of foods in important in your diet.
- Give an example of serving size of food that surprised you.
- Using the dietary guidelines, describe a meal that you would be willing to eat that meets all of the dietary guidelines, fits on a Choose My Plate, and follows proper portion sizes.
- Identify at 3 no-cost websites and/or apps that you could use to track your physical activity and nutritional intake. Provide a link to them and what are some key features from each of them. This will help you and your classmates for the next assignment.
- Explain the differences between these nutrient standards and recommendations:
- Dietary Reference Intakes (DRI)
- Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA)
- Adequate Intakes (AI)
- Estimated Energy Requirements (EER)