In case you need high-quality essay, we are here to help you. Would you like us to handle your paper? Use our writing services for better grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
AN OUTLINE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT
THE TOPIC IS HIV/AIDS
ALL THESE QUESTIONS HAVE TO BE DISCUSSED IN THE PAPER
For the final project, you are required to investigate a health problem, focusing on the nature and scope of the problem (disease or disparity), the factors that are associated with this problem (behavioral, social, environmental), and what several organizations are doing about it. Through your research, you will come to understand how a particular health problem is multidimensional; how various organizations provide funding, programs, and resources to address such issues.
For Week 5, you have to complete your paper on your chosen health problem. The paper should be 6 pages and should use a minimum of 5 peer reviewed journal articles. Use the following pointers to guide you in developing your paper:
- Provide a clear, specific, definition of your topic. For example, your topic can be on CHD, obesity, or smoking.
- How does this topic or health behavior relate to the leading health indicators/focus areas/goals of Healthy People 2020 document? This document can be found at http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/default.aspx
- How is this topic or behavior relevant to community health? How is this topic relevant to other national health campaigns or national health initiatives?
- If you are writing about a health behavior, what is the prevalence of this behavior in the United States and your state? Does prevalence differ by gender, race, age, socioeconomic status? Provide some statistics here.
- Describe the significance of this topic/health behavior in America today. Discuss any diseases and/or societal problems caused by this behavior. Are there any financial costs or costs to society associated with this topic/behavior?
- Describe the risk factors associated with this topic/behavior. What factors lead to this health behavior or disease?
- How can the risk factors be controlled or prevented? How can the negative outcomes be prevented? What are the current recommendations for preventing premature morbidity/mortality in this area? Are there any programs that have shown to be effective in the literature?
- Please identify a minimum of three organizations or healthcare agencies either nationally or locally that provide programs, funding, or resources to address this issue.