Review “Simple Regression Models Case Study: Mystery Shoppers” for this topic’s case study, a request to evaluate consignment stores from mystery shopper data.
Based on the information presented in the case study, create a regression model to determine the most appropriate recommendation.
Prepare a 250-500-word response to Mrs. Turner’s questions about predicting final scores, statistical significance, and whether a store location should be closed based on the data provided. Explain your approach and the rationale for this method. Evaluate the outcomes of your regression model and the responses to Mrs. Turner’s questions.
Submit a copy of the Excel spreadsheet file you used to design your regression model and to determine statistical significance.
Note: Students should use Excel’s regression option to perform the regression.
Use an Excel spreadsheet file for the calculations and explanations. Cells should contain the formulas (i.e., if a formula was used to calculate the entry in that cell).
***You are required to use at least two academic references to support your report.
***Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide.
****You will be graded on:
1. Predict Final Scores and Statistical Significance: A precise prediction of final scores and the statistical significance is thoroughly developed with supporting details.
2. Recommend Whether Store Location Should be Closed: A comprehensive recommendation of whether a particular store location should be closed is thoroughly developed with supporting details.
3. Explain Approach and Rationale: A comprehensive explanation of the approach and rationale for method used to provide predictions and recommendation is thoroughly developed with supporting details.
4. Evaluate Outcomes of Regression Model: A comprehensive evaluation of the outcomes of the selected regression model and responses to questions from Mrs. Turner is thoroughly developed with supporting details.
5. Thesis Development and Purpose: Thesis is comprehensive and contains the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
6. Argument Logic and Construction: Clear and convincing argument that presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.
7. Documentation of Sources (citations, footnotes, references, bibliography, etc., as appropriate to assignment and style): Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error.