It was not long ago that security technologies such as identification through facial recognition or retina scans could only be found in a James Bond or Star Trek movie. However, as threats to IT security become more prevalent, and hackers and social engineers develop more sophisticated ways of breaking into information systems, these types of security methods are now becoming more common.
On the Biometric Consortium’s website (see below) you can find examples of face, fingerprint, voice, and even retinal recognition systems. You can even find a fingerprint system that is now in place at Disney World. Is this the wave of the future?
For this Assignment, submit a 4 to 5 page evaluation of two biometric systems. Respond to the following in your paper:
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of each system?
- How invasive are the techniques?
- What, if any, privacy issues need to be considered with each system?
- How accurate are the systems?
- How are the biometrics collected (sensors used) for the devices?
- Where are the biometric technologies deployed?
- What is your evaluation on the difficulty of use of the system?
- How does your biometric system address use of CIA (confidentiality/ integrity / availability)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Single typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length
- Biometric Consortium. (2012). Retrieved from http://www.biometrics.org
please follow the instructions and complete the assignment.